3D-media / Open platform for the production, the processing and the exploitation of rich audiovisual content, with a specific focus on HD-TV and digital cinema.
Project leader : Multitel
Partners : UCL (TELE), FPMs (TCTS), ULg Intelsig
3D-media relies on an active partnership with industrial companies.
The project has three main objectives, which are:
- to achieve a major technological and diversified breakthrough in the audiovisual field, especially in 3D media, that could best benefit to the Walloon industrial actors,
- to develop and manage a technological platform to be distributed over Mons, Louvain-la-Neuve and Liege,
- to promote a long-term structuring of the research in Wallonia in that field.
In practice, 3D-mediaA aims at achieving innovative technological projects with the industry which would allow developing advanced applications covering the whole life cycle of the multimedia content (see picture):
- The input : I.e. the acquisition and production of audiovisual content, and particularly of 3D stereoscopic content
- The processing, which includes
- the storage and the intelligent archiving based both on meta-data and on the content itself
- content incrustation
- the distribution, comprising also coding and scrambling
- The output, including content projection and display, as well as the immersion of human beings in those processes.
Join us !
As a specialist in the field, would you like to join 3D Media ?
Do not hesitate to contact us and send an e-mail to : 3DMedia [at] multitel [dot] be